Thursday, March 10, 2011

Is She Just Into Jerks?

I dated my ex girlfriend over the summer. We both had a lot in common and both had a great time. I was always a good guy to her and did the "good guy" things. (Bought her flowers once, cooked dinner, took her out, opened doors, sent her text messages to say goodnight) I was never physically clingy..never really held her hand..rarely put my arm around her..and we kissed maybe once or twice every time we hung out. She ALWAYS complained about her ex's. One of them created all kinds of drama for her in their relationship and treated her like crap..but yet she was head over heals for him. He cheated on her several times and kept going back to him. The boyfriend before me always bossed her around and yelled at her like a kid. She was always being reprimanded and she always complained about how boring he was. She stayed with him for two years. Before she returned to school in August she broke up with me giving me the scheduling excuse and told me I was too nice. THe night before she left she wanted me back again and I gave in..but she wanted to wait two weeks to "feel her schedule out". She came back two weeks later and she didn't give me an answer..just kept giving me the scheduling conflicts excuse. I got my schedule changed at work for weekends off( Her school is only 100 miles away). Once I told her she became distant and a week later she broke it off again. She attempted to contact me for months but I kept ignoring her. A week ago she sent me a message saying how sorry she was. I responded last night and practically chewed her out. She told me I came off "too clingy" and got attached too quickly. In my mind, I wasn't clingy. I did nice things for her...but never smothered her. I never wanted to hang out everyday and didn't reprimand her if she didn't want to hang out. I let her have a life and gave her space. Is she just into the jerks and the drama they bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment